The mission of HomeFront is to promote and strengthen marriages for Christ. We meet on Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m. in the RBC Youth Building.
CURRENT SERIES: WATER & BREAD
April 23 – May 7
Every single one of us is pre-wired to thirst and to hunger. And most of us, when we are honest, feel this powerful compulsion is rarely quenched in a healthy way. Our desire for food and drink is literal, but also a rich metaphor for the deeper longings of our heart. We want peace and intimacy and friendship and purpose-driven work. And everything we desire for ourselves we desire for our children 10-fold. Join us for a three-week series called “Water and Bread” as John Hazlett unpacks the profound and unsettling use of these metaphors in John 4 and John 6 with practical applications for our marriages and families.
WHAT IS HOMEFRONT?
Looking to learn more about marriage and parenting? HomeFront is designed to support couples within our church community by providing practical, biblical teaching on family topics.
Desire to get even more connected here at RBC? While mid-week Shepherd Groups are meant to provide connection and community, not everyone may be able to find one that meets their schedule or childcare needs. HomeFront strives to foster authentic and meaningful relationships between couples within a Sunday morning environment.
If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, we invite you to join us for HomeFront!
We meet each week during the 9:00 a.m. service in the RBC Youth Building (detailed schedule below). Various topics are covered in the form of a multi-week teaching series, so come and try us out for a few weeks.
We hope to see you there!
WHAT IS A TYPICAL SUNDAY LIKE?
A typical Sunday morning at HomeFront looks like this:
- Check in your kids at either QUEST (see below)
- Arrive at HomeFront, fill up your coffee, and grab a table with some other couples
- Listen to the HomeFront message on a family topic (25 minutes)
- Discuss the application of that topic with the other families at your table (15 minutes)
- Continue the conversation with even more coffee, bagels, and other breakfast treats as we dismiss
- Attend your morning service of choice to hear great teaching from Pastor Mike
IS THERE CHILDCARE?
Great news for parents! Your kids can now stay in QUEST for both services (no more checking kids out, then checking them back in). Your children will receive their own snack.
- Grade school age children of HomeFronters who attend HomeFront at 9:00 and the second service at 10:45 should check-in their children for both services (they may choose the Treehouse as their second service option or continue in their regular class for both). Children who attend the Treehouse in Room 238 at the second service will be moved by Quest volunteers and should be picked up at Room 238 following the second service. Note: The Treehouse is NOT available during the summer months (June through August).
- Nursery & Preschool age children of HomeFronters who attend HomeFront at 9:00 and the 2nd worship service should be dropped off in their QUEST classroom at 9:00 – where they will stay till the 10:45 service ends.