God made us to worship.
Worship is often equated to singing, but the Bible speaks of this term in a much broader sense. The apostle Paul speaks of worship as encompassing the entirety of our lives. He says in Romans 12:1: “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.” Elsewhere, he notes that even eating and drinking are to be done to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31). We are called to worship the Lord with our whole lives and in all circumstances (Philippians 4:4).
To that end, we have seven values that undergird all that we do at RBC as we worship through song and sit under the preached Word of God week in and week out. These core values are:
- Jesus above everything (Luke 10:27)
- God’s Word is primary (2 Timothy 3:16-17, James 1:22)
- Excellence (1 Corinthians 15:58)
- Love for one another (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Servanthood (1 Peter 4:10, Colossians 1:18-20, Philippians 2:3-5)
- Creativity (Jeremiah 29:7)
- Character over competency (2 Peter 1:5-7)
Everything that we do filters through these values, which you can learn more about in the videos below.