The RBC Food Pantry serves up to 120 families from our surrounding community each week.
Guests to the RBC Food Pantry receive a bag of staple food items once per week. In addition, our guests can visit our fresh produce, fruit, bread, and pastry stations, which offer overstock, dated, or perishable items from local stores and restaurants.
If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.1 John 3:17-18
FOOD PANTRY HOURS
Wednesdays | 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
The RBC Food Pantry is operated by a team of volunteers working seven days a week to share the love of Christ by serving those in our community who are in need. If you would like to get involved, below are some ways you can help.
- Pick-up or drop off donated food from our partner stores/restaurants on the morning of pantry days
- Stock and organize the Food Pantry shelves before or after pantry days
- Register/sign-in guests and bag food for our guest during pantry hours
- Help with set-up, take-down, and cleaning on Food Pantry days
- Assist with volunteer schedules
- Spanish speakers are always needed for interpreting the needs of our guest or to do table ministry
- Involve your employer in a food drive for our Food Pantry
- Donate financially to the food pantry
FOOD PANTRY ITEMS NEEDED
If you would like to donate food to the RBC Food Pantry, below is a list of our most requested items. Donations may be dropped off at the Reston Bible Church main building during Sunday services or 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during regular weekday office hours.
Baby items are our most needed items:
- Diapers, sizes 1-5
- Similac baby formula (11-ounce, blue label)
We also need:
- Dried red or black beans
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Canned fruit and vegetables
- Breakfast cereals
- Corn flour
Thank you to all of you who have donated to the Reston Bible Church Food Pantry. The items you have brought and the funds you have donated have filled the shelves and met many needs. We really appreciate your generosity!Volunteer for the food pantry