The Christian life is meant to be lived in community. Life transformation and spiritual growth happen within the context of Christ-centered relationships. Nowhere is this more true than in the family.
The RBC Family Life Mentoring ministry exists to give couples, and single parents, access to the experience, wisdom, and spiritual maturity of couples who have forged successful family relationships over time.
An RBC Family Life Mentor couple is “a loving, committed, more experienced, Christian couple, purposefully investing in another couple, or single parent, to effectively navigate a journey that they have already taken.”
HOW DO I BECOME A MENTOR?
- Take online self-assessment
- Fill out online application
- Interview with Family Life Pastor
- Complete the RBC mentor training (1 session)
Are we Family Life Mentor material? Take this quick self-assessment before you proceed to the application form.
- Is your marriage relatively stable and joyful? If you’re not sure, try this handy and free online assessment from Focus on the Family
- Do you both share a motivation to become trained as Family Life Mentors?
- Are you able to laugh and learn from your mistakes?
- Are you invested in growing your own marriage?
- Are you committed to your spouse?
- Are you willing to share some of your time to help another couple with their marriage and/or parenting?
If you answered “yes” to these six questions, take the next step and fill out the application form!Apply to Be a Mentor
HOW DO I FIND A COUPLE TO MENTOR US/ME?
We are so glad you are interested in being matched with a Family Life Mentor couple who will commit to walking alongside you. This speaks volumes about your commitment to a successful, Christ-centered marriage and family. The first step on this journey is to complete the online intake form so we can make the best match possible for you.
WHAT IS AN RBC FAMILY LIFE MENTOR?
An RBC Family Life Mentor is…
- A more experienced friend
- A coach
- A confidant
- A model
- An encourager and exhorter
- An imparter of knowledge and/or resources to help you gain a biblical perspective
An RBC Family Life Mentor is NOT…
- Professional counselor or know-it-all
- Mom and Dad
- A fixer or preacher
- On call 24/7
- A rescuer