The Christian life is meant to be lived in community. Life transformation and spiritual growth happen within the context of Christ-centered relationships. Nowhere is this more true than in the family.
The RBC Family Life Mentoring ministry exists to prepare loving, committed, spiritually mature, and more experienced Christian couples to purposefully invest in the lives of other couples and help them effectively navigate the journey of family life. Trained mentor couples are ready to engage in a variety of environments including Shepherd Groups, RBC HomeFront marriage fellowship, as well as other contexts inside and outside the church community.
HOW DO I BECOME A MENTOR?
- Take online self-assessment
- Fill out online application
- Interview with Family Life Pastor
- Complete the RBC mentor training (1 session)
Are we Family Life Mentor material? Take this quick self-assessment before you proceed to the application form.
- Is your marriage relatively stable and joyful? If you’re not sure, try this handy and free online assessment from Focus on the Family
- Do you both share a motivation to become trained as Family Life Mentors?
- Are you able to laugh and learn from your mistakes?
- Are you invested in growing your own marriage?
- Are you committed to your spouse?
- Are you willing to share some of your time to help another couple with their marriage and/or parenting?
If you answered “yes” to these six questions, take the next step and fill out the application form!Apply to Be a Mentor
WHAT IS AN RBC FAMILY LIFE MENTOR?
An RBC Family Life Mentor is…
- A more experienced friend
- A coach
- A confidant
- A model
- An encourager and exhorter
- An imparter of knowledge and/or resources to help you gain a biblical perspective
An RBC Family Life Mentor is NOT…
- Professional counselor or know-it-all
- Mom and Dad
- A fixer or preacher
- On call 24/7
- A rescuer
HOW DO WE FIND A COUPLE TO MENTOR US?
We are so glad you are interested in finding a more experienced couple to walk alongside you. This speaks volumes about your commitment to a successful, Christ-centered marriage and family. There are several environments that are conducive to developing those relationships. Two that we especially recommend are RBC Shepherd Groups and RBC HomeFront Marriage Fellowship. Our trained mentor couples are deployed into these and other environments within RBC specifically.