Sunday Rewind | 4.3.16
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Open Up the Heavens (Psalm 108:4-5) – Worth It All by Meredith Andrews
Cornerstone (Psalm 18:2) – Cornerstone by Hillsong Worship
How Deep The Father’s Love For Us (Galatians 6:14) – Love Displayed by Liberty Campus Band
Your Love Never Fails (Romans 8:28) – Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture
TEACHING: James – Living Out Our Faith, Part 13
The problem with the world is not lack of truth, but lack of proper application. Wisdom is not an intellectual virtue, but a moral one.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss James 3:13-18. What does this tell us about us? What does it tell us about God? What do you observe about wisdom? What warnings, admonishments or encouragements are there for us to heed?
- How are two kingdoms portrayed in the verses above? Compare & contrast.
- How does Scripture take us into ” the world of the unknown”?
- What happens if we do not apply truth? Can you think of any examples?
- What’s the difference between reason and revelation? What place does each have in the Christian life?
- Is your ambition mainly for yourself, or others? How does the gospel direct our ambition? How can you apply your ambition to kingdom work?
- In the wake of your life, would you say there is mostly peace, or conflict? How do you need to grow in this area? Spend some time in prayer together about this.