MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Blessed Be Your Name (Job 1:21) – Where Angels Fear to Tread by Matt Redman
Rock of Ages (Deuteronomy 32:3-4) – Death of Death by Charlie Hall
The Lord Our God (James 1:17) – Passion: Let the Future Begin by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
I Will Look Up (Deuteronomy 7:9) –Only King Forever by Elevation Worship
Jesus Paid it All (Colossians 2:13-14) –Everything Glorious by Kristian Stanfill
TEACHING: James – Living Out Our Faith, Part 14
Conflict occurs when our desire to be right overshadows our desire for peace.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss James 3:13-18. How would you define each of the attributes of heavenly wisdom in v. 17? What examples of each can you think of?
- What does it mean to “sow in peace”? What does this look like? What happens when we do this?
- What is the Law of the Harvest? Where have you seen this principle at work in your life?
- Share a time your desire to be right overshadowed your desire for peace. What happened?
- Where does conflict tend to get occur in your life? What is typically the common denominator cause? What do you bring that contributes to the conflict?
- How has God sown in peace toward us through the gospel of Jesus? How does the gospel call and empower us to sow in peace?
- Is there a current situation in your life where you need to sow peace? Spend some time in prayer with your group about this.