Sunday Rewind | 9.25.2016
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Open Up the Heavens (Psalm 108:4-5) – Worth It All by Meredith Andrews
Always (Psalm 121:1-2) – Here For You by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
But God (Romans 5:8) – Look and See by Village Church feat. Aaron Bleecker
Revelation Song (Revelation 5:12) – Passion 2013 by Kari Jobe
Come To Me (Matthew 11:28-30) – Look and See by Village Church feat. Lauren Chandler
TEACHING: Matters of the Heart – Lessons from Counseling
There are a lot of abnormal people in the world. Chances are, you are one of them.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What do you believe defines you?
- Read and discuss Psalm 20:5, Psalm 139:13, Jeremiah 1:5, James 1:13-15, Romans 5:12, Romans 3:23, Luke 6:45, Psalm 37:4 and Psalm 115:3-8. What do these verses tell us about us? What patterns or trajectories do you notice? What do these verses tell us about God?
- “Because of sin, our greatest desire is to please ourselves.” How have you seen this to be true by observation and experience?
- “All Christians are counselors.” How do you react to this statement?
- “The heart will always struggle to be satisfied as it looks for something to worship.” Have you found this to be true? What examples can you think of?
- Are there ways in which you are currently trying to fill an eternal longing with a temporal thing?
- Are there any areas where you are suppressing the truth in unrighteousness by justifying ungodly behavior?
- What do you long for the most?
- “Anxiety is a liar.” Is there an area of your life where you need to take your feelings and set them next to the truth of Scripture? Spend some time together in prayer about this.