Sunday Rewind | 5.4.14
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Be Lifted High (John 3:30) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Endless Light (Psalm 113:3-4) – Cornerstone by Hillsong
10,000 Reasons (Psalm 103:1) – Unrelenting Love by Nick Thurmond
Jesus Paid It All (Colossians 2:13-14) – North Point Live by Kristian Stanfill
In Your Presence (Deuteronomy 31:6) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
TEACHING: Revolutionary Love, Part 3
Love heals us horizontally and vertically.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- From last week’s “homework assignment,” were you able to show practical love to a difficult person last week? What happened?
- What was one thing from this message that was particularly helpful or insightful? What was one thing that was difficult to understand or put into practice?
- Read and discuss 1 Corinthians 12:14-13:13. What do you observe about the nature of God? What do you see about the nature of man? What do you observe about the people of God in the context of the church? How does 1 Corinthians 12 set the context for 1 Corinthians 13?
- What do you observe about love from 1 Corinthians 13? Which of these are strong points for you? Which are weak points?
- Do you think 1 Corinthians 13 is an achievable standard for loving others? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Paul highlights faith, hope & love (1 Cor. 13:13)? Why is the greatest of them love?
- What does it mean to “empty yourself of yourself”? How does this show love to others? Is there a relational situation you can think of in which you need to empty yourself of yourself? Spend some time in prayer about this.
2 thoughts on “Sunday Rewind | 5.4.14”
Is it possible to post Mike’s list of how love is shown… 14 ways? Would love to get this in print form.
Hi Rebecca – Yes! Pastor Mike is planning to post that sometime this week. Keep an eye out for it here on the blog.