MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
All Because of Jesus (Romans 8:10) – Louder Than Creation by Steve Fee (North Point)
The Lord Our God (James 1:17) – Let The Future Begin by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
With Us (Psalm 46:10-11a) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Your Love Never Fails (Romans 8:28) – Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture
I Lift My Hands (Psalm 46:10) – And If Our God Is For Us… by Chris Tomlin
TEACHING: Revolutionary Love, Part 2
People all around us are in desperate need of redemption. Who do you know in life that you need to “be neighbor to”? If we took this mindset seriously, nothing would stop us from sharing & showing the revolutionary love of the Gospel.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing from this message that was particularly helpful or insightful? What was one thing that was difficult to understand or put into practice?
- “Everybody, deep down, wants redemption.” Have you found this to be true? Why or why not?
- Read and discuss Mark 12:28-34. What does this tell you about the nature of man? What does it tell you about God?
- What does it mean to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength” (v. 30)? What does it mean to “‘Love your neighbor as yourself” (v. 31)? How are these two laws connected?
- Read and discuss Luke 10:25-37. Why does Jesus tell this story? Identify the characters in this story – who do you relate to most?
- What is the difference between asking “Who is my neighbor?” and “Who can I be neighbor to?”
- Can you think of a difficult person God has put in your life? What makes that relationship so difficult?
- How could you practically show love to that person this week? What would it look like to “be neighbor to” them? Spend some time in prayer about this.