MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Alive In Us (Ephesians 2:8-9) – God Is Able by Hillsong
With Us (Psalm 46:10-11a) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Nothing But The Blood (Ephesians 1:7-9) – Facedown by Matt Redman
My Deliverer (Psalm 18:2) – Hello Love by Chris Tomlin
Always (Psalm 121:1-2) – Here For You by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
TEACHING: The Forgotten War, Part 1
Spiritual warfare is constantly raging around us, and ignoring it will keep us in bondage to it. We need not fear our enemy, but we must be aware of what he is doing so we do not fall captive to his schemes.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- As you reflect on this sermon, what is one thing you hope we discuss as a group?
- What comes to mind when you think of spiritual warfare? How would rate your personal awareness of spiritual warfare?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 6:10-20. What do these verses tell you the nature of man? What do they reveal to us about God?
- How do you think our everyday irritations, arguments, conflicts, etc. are related to “the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms”?
- Satan mixes truth with error in order to deceive us. What other tactics does he use? How have you seen these at work in culture/society? How have you fallen prey to some of these tactics?
- Is there an area of current spiritual warfare you can identify in your life? How does the Gospel address this struggle? How can your small group pray for you in this area?