WELCOME TO THE RESTON BIBLE CHURCH SENIOR HIGH!
The Senior High Youth Ministry’s passion and goal are to discover God and engage people. We exists to assist families, equip high school students to become mature in their faith, connect students with other believers, challenge them to discover their personal ministry gifts, reach their non-believing friends with the Gospel, and stand strong when they leave high school to consistently honor God with their lives. We do this through targeted opportunities for students and with a variety of activities designed to meet the needs for fellowship, evangelism, service, training, and missions.
Each week we in Shepherd Groups we gather together to connect in relationships and apply God’s Word to our lives as we live out our call to “discover God and engage people.” We see Shepherd Groups as the heartbeat of the student ministry and desire for every student to be a part of a small group community with other students and an adult leader. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or want to talk more.
All Shepherd Groups are meeting in regional homes. Once a month (usually the first Wednesday of the month) all Shepherd Groups will meet back at RBC. We will be sure to let you know when this is in the Sr. High Tuesday Update email. Please click this link to see which region you are in and the address of the home. It is never too late to be a part of Shepherd Group!
SUMMER SHEPHERD GROUPS
Summer Shepherd Groups are a time for our group to gather to watch a video series by Louie Giglio called “Winning the Battle of Your Mind” and to break into small groups to dig further into God’s Word and apply what Louie talks about. Plus, each Sunday we will have dinner, hanging out, acoustic worship, and different games/activities each week. The atmosphere is chill and even if you miss one week you can pick right back up the next. You can either pay a $10 one-time to cover meals for the entire summer or $5 per meal.
Each ReUnite will have a different theme and purpose, but all of them are for the purpose of our group to gather together and grow to be more like Christ throughout the Summer. Below are the ReUnites and times:
- June 30 – Game Night – Board Games, Outdoor Games, and More Games!
- July 7 – Student Leadership University Mission Team Review Night- Come here how God moved and worked through the mission team!
- July 14 – Take It the Streets – We will go out into our local community to have spiritual conversations
- July 21 – Movie Night – We will let you know what the exact movie is near the time of the event
- August 4 – Youth For Tomorrow – We will travel to Youth For Tomorrow in Bristow, Virginia, to hang with and serve the students there.
- August 11 – Night of Worship and Prayer – A simple but impactful night of prayer and worship together