Sunday Rewind | 7.17.2016
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Be Lifted High (John 3:30) –Nothing is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Nothing But the Blood – Already Not Yet by Citizens and Saints
I Will Look Up (Deuteronomy 7:9) –Only King Forever by Elevation Worship
Jesus Is Better (Mark 9:24) – King of Love by Austin Stone Worship
Your Love Never Fails (Romans 8:28) – Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture
TEACHING: The Heart of Leadership
Integrity is the heart of leadership, and the church must stand firm in integrity. The church is the only hope for the world because the church carries the message of the gospel.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing from this message that encouraged your faith? What was one thing that challenged your thinking?
- What does it mean that men and nations suppress God’s truth? Why do they do it? What are some of the consequences that can result?
- Pastor Mike noted how the culture tends to use words that soften the seriousness of sin — like exchanging “choice” for abortion and “cohabitation” for fornication. Can you think of any others? Why are the terms we use important?
- How does seeing ourselves, and each other, as being made in the image of God affect our understanding of human life?
- How might understanding that all men come through the line of Adam change our view of race?
- Read Psalm 15. How does this kind of integrity set God’s people apart from the world? Who are some people in Scripture who exemplify this passage? Do the verses of this chapter reveal any areas where you feel a need to grow?
- If God brought revival to our nation, what might it look like? Pray that believers would come together and cling to the truth of Scriptures, starting with the members of your group, that the world may know that God sent His Son as a payment for sin.