“But exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.”
~ Hebrews 3:13
1. Because through much tribulation we must enter into the kingdom of God
We all need to be stroked by the warm hand of encouragement. Who can you think of that just might need some right now?
2. Because we receive far more criticism than praise
Our emotional ledger sheet tells the truth. It sure would be nice to get it to balance before the final account. You can help make the difference!
3. Because it develops friendships
We naturally seek out those who refresh us with words of comfort than those who destroy with words of criticism.
4. Because it gives health to the recipient
“Pleasant words are as honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones” Proverbs 16:24.
5. Because we hurt far more deeply than we will admit
Most people carry burdens, the weight of which, cannot be estimated by an outsider.
Learn to encourage when you sense a need.