Sunday Rewind | 9.18.2016
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Your Great Name (Philippians 2:10-11) – Love Revolution by Natalie Grant
Good Good Father (2 Thessalonians 2:16) – The EP by Zealand Worship
I Will Look Up (Deuteronomy 7:9) –Only King Forever by Elevation Worship
This I Believe (The Creed) (Romans 1:16) Fielding, Crocker | Hillsong Music Publishing
Revelation Song (Revelation 4:8(b)) – Fearless by Philips, Craig and Dean
TEACHING: Until All Are Free
Prosperity blinds us to a world of injustice.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What do you think of when you hear the word slavery? What is your understanding of modern slavery?
- Read and discuss Ecclesiastes 4:1, Psalm 146:6-7, Isaiah 1:17, Micah 6:8, and Psalm 10:17. What do these verses tell us about God? What do they reveal about us?
- What do these scriptures reveal about God’s heart on the topics of justice, slavery and oppression? How does your heart need to move closer to His on this?
- What is the significance of the phrase “under the sun” (Ecclesiastes 4:1)? How does this frame the topic of slavery, oppression and injustice?
- How do we confuse inconvenience with injustice? What examples can you think of?
- “Prosperity blinds us to a world of injustice.” Have you seen this to be true?
- How does the gospel compel us toward justice for the oppressed?
- Is there an area or situation in your list from where you need to act justly or “do justice” (Micah 6:8)? Spend some time in prayer about this.