Sunday Rewind | 9.4.16
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Come To Me (Matthew 11:28-30) – Look and See by Village Church feat. Lauren Chandler
Great Things (Worth It All) (Galatians 6:14) –Wake Up the Wonder by Elevation Worship
But God (Romans 5:8) – Look and See by Village Church feat. Aaron Bleecker
In Your Presence (Deuteronomy 31:6) –Nothing is Wasted by Elevation Worship
TEACHING: Be the Church, Part 2
The church is called to be salt that preserves the world from decaying and light that cuts through darkness. The salt sets the stage for the light.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- How would you describe the mission of the church, in one sentence?
- Read Matthew 5:13-16. What does it mean for believers to be the salt of the earth? What does it mean to be the light of the world?
- Read John 3:16-21. How does this passage, with its imagery of light and dark, describe the hopelessness of man’s condition? What is the hope-filled solution the Lord provides?
- Why do most religions offer a performance-based path to salvation? What is Scripture’s response to someone who believes they must work to earn God’s favor?
- Why must we act like “salt” before people will be receptive to our “light”? How might that affect your day-to-day life?
- What fears or doubts keep you from sharing the Gospel? What truths from Scripture might help you overcome those fears?
- Spend some time praying that the Lord would help you to be salt and light to those around you.
1 thought on “Sunday Rewind | 9.4.16”
Dear RBC, thank you for the Recap of last Sunday’s Service Sept 4th. Spending time reading and praying, How God would help me be the Salt and light around those who are in great Darkness.