MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Keeper of My Heart (Psalm 121:1-2) – Majestic by Kari Jobe
Cornerstone (Psalm 18:2) – Cornerstone by Hillsong Worship
Jesus Is Better (Mark 9:24) – King of Love by Austin Stone Worship
Come Thou Fount (Psalm 16:11) – Public Domain
Only King Forever (1 Timothy 1:17) – Only King Forever by Elevation Worship
TEACHING: James – Living Out Our Faith, Part 21
We don’t drift toward the truth; we only drift away from the truth. So we must cling to Jesus, who is the truth.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Why does Scripture seem to spend so much time talking about spiritual rescue, but not as much about physical rescue? Why do we so often spend time focused on rescuing people who are physically wounded, but not spiritually wounded?
- What are the differences between physical wounds and spiritual ones? What are the differences between physical and spiritual consequences to our actions?
- Read John 8:27-31 and John 14:1-7. What does it mean that Jesus is the truth? How does the truth set us free?
- Why is it so easy to drift toward sin, toward the world, or toward untruth? Have you seen this at work in your own life?
- Have you ever “rescued” a fellow believer who was drifiting from the truth? Has anyone ever rescued you?
- What are some practical ways that we can go after a brother or sister whom we see drifting in his or her walk with the Lord? What passages of Scripture come to mind that can guide us in this?
- Spend some time in prayer, thanking the Lord for being the true Rescuer and offering eternal life and salvation to those who believe in Him.
- As we come to the end of our study in James, what are some things that have encouraged or challenged you throughout the book?