Sunday Rewind | 12.13.2015
During Sunday worship services, we want to spend less time making announcements and more time worshiping. To help facilitate that, we’ll show a brief video announcement segment 4-5 minutes before each service begins. Grab an early seat just before your service begins so you can take advantage of these pre-service announcements. We’ll also post them here on the Sunday Rewind each week.
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
All Creation Sing (Joy To The World) (Psalm 96:12-13a) – North Point Christmas by Seth Condrey (North Point)
O Come All Ye Faithful (John 1:14) – Christ Is Come by Big Daddy Weave
Alive in Us (Ephesians 2:4-5) – God is Able by Hillsong Worship
I Will Look Up (Deuteronomy 7:9) –Only King Forever by Elevation Worship
With Us (Psalm 46:10-11a) – God Is Able by Hillsong Worship
TEACHING: James – Living Out Our Faith, Part 9
The moral law is a judge. The royal law is a guide.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss James 2:8-13. What do these verses tell us about us? What do they tell us about God? What encouragements, warnings or commands are here for us to heed?
- What is the moral law of scripture? Why does Paul call it “the law of righteousness” (Romans 3:21)?
- “To violate any part of the moral law is to violate all of it.” Why? What are the implications of this?
- What is the “royal law” (v. 8)?
- It what ways is the royal law “easy to understand, but hard to believe”? How should we live this law out in speech & action?
- What is mercy? What does the gospel of Jesus demonstrate for us about mercy? How does mercy triumph over judgement?
- Share a time when you received mercy. Is there someone to whom you need to show mercy?
- How is Christ the both the end to the moral law and the fulfillment of the royal law?
- Spend some time in prayer thanking God for the mercy we have in Jesus Christ. Ask Him to reveal to you if there is someone to whom you need to show mercy instead of judgement. Pray for the faith to step out in obedience in showing mercy.