The Deacons are launching a new initiative called “RBC Cares,” whose goal is to connect those who desire to share their gifts (material or services), with the needy in our congregation, who are under the care of the Deacons.
RBC Cares will assist the Deacons in meeting the needs of RBC families, while tapping into the talents of the congregation.
The first step is to create a central repository of donors, which enables the Deacons to match needs with gifts. To do this we need your help. First, we need to know who is willing to help (free of charge) and how you’re gifted.
Here are a few examples of ways to serve:
- Opening your home to a displaced widow/family
- Offering legal advice
- Offering tax advice or financial guidance
- Offering real estate advice
- Assisting with job searches
- Providing child care
- Doing home repair
- Giving rides to church
Here’s how it works:
- Let us know you’re willing to serve by registering at the link below (donors will be kept anonymous).
- Tell us how you would like to serve.
- If a need arises within your area of giftedness, we will communicate the need and if you’re willing and able, you can elect to serve. If not, we will keep you on the list for the next opportunity within your area. There’s no time commitment or obligation.
- You can serve as little or as much as you prefer, as needs arise within your area of giftedness.