MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
1. ENDLESS LIGHT (Psalm 113:3-4)
Ussher, Cashwell | Hillsong Music Publishing
2. 10,000 REASONS (Psalm 103:1)
Myrin, Redman | Thankyou Music
3. COME THOU FOUNT (Psalm 16:11)
Wyeth, Robinson | Public Domain
4. GOD IS ABLE (Ephesians 3:20-21)
Fielding, Morgan | Hillsong Music Publishing
5. WHOM SHALL I FEAR (Psalm 27:1)
Tomlin, Cash, Cash | Sixstetps Music
TEACHING: The Patriarchs, Part 1: Adam
The world mocks what the Bible says about sin and daily fulfills what it mocks.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Why is it so hard to “be good”? Why do we keep trying?
- Read and discuss Genesis 3 and Romans 5:12-21. What do these verses tell you about the nature of God and Christ? What do they tell you about man? What do they tell us about the gospel?
- What does it mean that we are “in Adam”? What is the significance of this? What comes through the line of Adam?
- What does it mean to be “in Christ”? What is the significance of this? What comes through the line of Jesus?
- “The world mocks what the Bible says about sin and daily fulfills what it mocks.” Have you seen this to be true? What are some examples?
- How does the gospel of Jesus address our propensity toward “being good”? What are the practical implications of this for you?
- Spend some time in prayer thanking God for all that we have in Christ. Ask Him to help you depend more fully on Jesus as you go about your daily life.