Sunday Rewind | 4.5.2015
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Only King Forever (1 Timothy 1:17) – Only King Forever by Elevation Worship
Alive In Us (Ephesians 2:4-5) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Christ The Lord Is Risen Today – Love Divine by Aaron Keyes
Your Great Name (Philippians 2:10-11) – Love Revolution by Natalie Grant
Our God Is Love (1 John 4:9-10) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong
TEACHING: Too Good to Be True
At Easter, we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus as the pivotal turning point in the history of man. But is the Easter account too good to be true?
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- What traditions do you and your family have to celebrate Easter?
- Read and discuss 1 Corinthians 15:12-28. What do these verses tell us about the nature of man? What do they tell us about Jesus?
- Why would Paul say that without the resurrection, our faith in Christ is in vain (v. 14)? Why is Jesus’ resurrection from the dead the pivotal turning point in the history of mankind? Why does the resurrection matter?
- Is it difficult to believe in the resurrection? Have you ever felt the gospel is “too good to be true”?
- Chris said, “The path to belief looks different for different people.” Where are you on your own path to belief? What has your path looked like up to this point in your life?
- Where do you see death & resurrection metaphors reflected in our culture?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Give thanks to God for all that we have in Jesus Christ.
3 thoughts on “Sunday Rewind | 4.5.2015”
What were the song names from Easter worship?
Pingback: Sunday Rewind | 4.19.2015 « Reston Bible Church
Hey Kurt – sorry we were late in posting these. They’re up now – see the post above.