MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Alive In Us (Ephesians 2:4-5) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Open Up Our Eyes (Ephesians 1:18-19a) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Rock of Ages (Deuteronomy 32:3-4) – Death of Death by Charlie Hall
Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) (Psalm 27:1) – Let The Future Begin by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
Be Thou My Vision (2 Corinthians 3:17-18) – Cathedral by Heartsong
Christ Is Enough (2 Corinthians 12:9) – Glorious Ruins by Hillsong
TEACHING: Rooted: A Study of Deeper Faith in Colossians, Part 11
Character counts. For better or worse, human character always impacts history. But divine character, led & influenced by the Holy Spirit, always impacts eternity.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss Colossians 3:12-14. What do you see about God? What does this tell us about man?
- What is the significance of “chosen” and “holy & beloved” (v. 12)? What are we to “put on” as a result? Why does this matter?
- What does it mean to be a person of character? Who comes to mind for you when you think of a person of good character? How has their character impacted your story?
- How do the accounts of Abraham, Joseph and Mordecai illustrate the principle that divinely-inspired character impacts eternity? What other examples from scripture can you think of that illustrates this principle?
- Do you ever feel like your life is stuck in a rut or doesn’t count? How does the gospel address that?
- How does the gospel inform, impact and shape our character?
- Spend some time in prayer about the things you’ve discussed. Thank God that we matter to Him and ask Him to be glorified in our character as we become more like Jesus.