MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Closer (Psalm 89:14-15) – Glorious Ruins by Hillsong
Beautiful Lord (Ephesians 2:4-5) – Sound of Melodies by Leeland
Our God Is Love (1 John 4:9-10) – Yahweh by Hillsong Chapel
Lord I Need You (Hebrews 4:16) – All The People Said Amen by Matt Maher
TEACHING: Rooted: A Study of Deeper Faith in Colossians, Part 10
If you are toying with sin, where will the trajectory of your life lead you? Sin is not a toy.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss Colossians 3:1-11. What do you see about the person of Christ? What do you note about the nature of man?
- What “tension issues” do you see in these verses? What other “tension issues” do find in Scripture?
- What is “sin”? What is the difference between sin and a mistake? How would you describe sin to someone who does not have a ‘church vocabulary’?
- What does society teach about sin? How does our culture treat sin like a toy?
- Where as the church in general “gotten used to the dark”? In what areas of your life have you gotten used to the dark?
- Is there an area of your life where you are toying with sin?
- How does the gospel deal with sin? How does it change our perspective on sin? How does the gospel motivate and empower us to “Put to death whatever is earthly in you…” (v. 5)?
- Spend some time in prayer about the things you’ve discussed. Thank Him for the “new self” we have in Christ (v. 10) and pray that we will live from the life we have in Christ.