MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Great In All The Earth (Psalm 47:1-2) – I Will Go by Starfield
Open Up Our Eyes (Ephesians 1:18-19a) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Beautiful Lord (Ephesians 2:4-5) – Sound of Melodies by Leeland
How Great Thou Art (Psalm 145:3) – Original Arrangement
Give Me Your Eyes – What If We by Brandon Heath
TEACHING: Lights, Camera, Reaction – Part 2
Even though we buy into the lie that God only uses super-gifted, super-talented people, He does extraordinary things through ordinary people all the time. We have opportunities to act not because God needs us, but because He wants us.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- If you were to give a one-line summary of this message, what would it be?
- Have you ever had a “Who, me?” moment? What happened?
- Read and discuss Esther 4. What do these verses tell you the nature of man? What stands out to you as the major characteristics of Esther and Mordecai?Where might you see the invisible hand of God at work in these scriptures?
- “God does extraordinary things through ordinary people all the time.” What examples can you think of?
- Do you believe God can use you for Kingdom purposes? Why or why not?
- “Not every opportunity set before us is from God.” How can we discern if an opportunity is from God or not?
- How does Esther’s story point us to Jesus?
- Are there any opportunities God has opened or is opening in your life “for such a time as this”? How will you respond? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about this.