MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Alive In Us (Ephesians 2:4-5) – God Is Able by Hillsong
With Us (Psalm 46:10-11a) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Always (Psalm 121:1-2) – Here For You by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
Forever Reign (Lamentations 5:19) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong
Your Love Never Fails (Romans 8:28) – Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture
TEACHING: Lights, Camera, Reaction – Part 1
God is at always at work even when we don’t see or acknowledge that He is. Jason Goetz teaches from the book of Esther on how nothing is really coincidence.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing from this message you hope to discuss as a group?
- Share a time when something in life completely surprised you. What happened and how did you deal with it?
- Read and discuss Esther 2:21-23, 3:1-6, and 6:1-5. What do these verses tell you the nature of man? What stands out to you as the major characteristics of King Ahasuerus, Haman and Mordecai? Where might you see the hand of God at work in these scriptures?
- What is your understanding of the sovereignty of God? What comforts you about this doctrine? What questions does it raise for you?
- How do the choices we make distance us from God? How does the gospel remedy this?
- Is there a surprising or difficult situation in your life right now where it is difficult to see God at work? Spend some time in prayer with your small group asking God to help you see Him in that situation?