Sunday Rewind | 1.7.13
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Your Love Never Fails (Romans 8:28) – Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture
Let Your Kingdom Come (Psalm 59:16-17) – Valley of Vision by Sovereign Grace Praise
How Great Is Your Faithfulness (Lamentations 3:22-23) – We Shall Not Be Shaken by Matt Redman
Give Me Faith (Psalm 73:25-26) – Kingdom Come by Elevation Worship
Oh How I Need You – The Longing by All Sons & Daughters
TEACHING: More Prejudiced Than You Think
Being prejudiced goes well beyond racial bias. We all have the tendency to pull away from certain people or groups – “those people.” Yet, the Gospel dictates that those are the very people we should lean into. To be prejudiced is to go violate the great commandments of loving God and loving our neighbor. Odds are, we are more prejudiced than we think.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO/VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Was there any one thing you most agreed or disagreed with from this message? What was it and why?
- When you hear the word “prejudice,” what comes to mind?
- Read and discuss James 2:1-4. What do these verses tell you the nature of man? What do they reveal about Jesus?
- What are some hot-button issues for you personally? How might these expose your own prejudices?
- Have you ever exercised prejudice against another person or group? Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s prejudice? What happened?
- Read and consider Jesus’ words in Matthew 5:43-48. How does the gospel of Christ call us to “lean in” to other people or groups we might naturally pull away from?
- Is there something God has revealed to you as far as a prejudice you may have? What would it look like for you to be neighbor to that person or group? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about this.