Sunday Rewind | 12.30.12
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Exalted One (Psalm 121:1-2) – For the Honor by Elevation Worship
Lord of All (Psalm 97:5-6) – Attention by Kristian Stanfill
Agnus Dei (Revelation 5:12) – Original Arrangement
Glorious (Psalm 111:2-3) – Glorious by Paul Baloche
Great In All the Earth (Psalm 47:1-2) – I Will Go by Starfield
TEACHING: Be At Rest
Our culture prizes busyness while avoiding suffering at all costs. Yet, Scripture tells us we will suffer and calls us to work from rest, not just rest from work. As we enter this new year, seek Him for physical, spiritual and geographical rest. Live a life of saying “yes” to God from a place of rest, despite whatever our circumstances may be.
WHERE’S THE SERMON AUDIO/VIDEO? Due to the ministry location of our speaker this weekend, we are not able to post the sermon media online. You can, however, request an audio CD at the RBC Bookstore (located in the lobby by the stairs) between Sunday services.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- If you heard last weekend’s sermon, what is one principle or insight that stands out as being particularly helpful, insightful, or memorable?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 1:1-4. What do these verses tell you about Jesus? What are the implications for your personal faith in Him?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 4. What do you observe about suffering and rest in this chapter?
- Do you find it difficult to rest? Why or why not?
- How does the gospel encourage us to rest in Jesus?
- What would it look like for you to rest physically, spiritually and geographically as you enter this new year?
- Is there something God is currently asking you to say “yes” to? What would it look like to say “yes” to His calling from a place of rest? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about this.