MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Angels We Have Heard on High (Luke 2:13-14) – Christmas Offerings by Third Day
Hark The Herald Angels Sing (Luke 2:9-10) – Original Arrangement
I Lift My Hands (Psalm 46:10) – And If Our God Is For Us… by Chris Tomlin
Mighty To Save (Zephaniah 3:17) – Yahweh by Hillsong Chapel
God, You Lifted Me Out (Psalm 30:1-2) – For The Honor by Elevation Worship
Always (Psalm 121:1-2) – Here For You by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
TEACHING: Follow Me
Pastor Wayne Johnson takes a look at the life of Peter, whose world was rocked by Jesus’ call to follow Him. What was it about Jesus that so captivated Peter’s heart? The way Jesus captured Peter’s heart is the same way He captures ours, and we will live for and from whatever captures our hearts.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- If Pastor Wayne were to give an abbreviated version of last Sunday’s messages, what one or two points would you tell him to make sure he leaves in, no matter what?
- Read and discuss 1 Peter 1:3-9. What do these verses tell you about Jesus? What are the implications for your personal faith in Him?
- Our culture values privacy, busyness, and comfort. What else does our culture value?
- How does does the Gospel go against the grain of our culture?
- In what ways can culture distort the Gospel? How can culture be used as a vessel for the Gospel?
- What do you find captivating about the person of Jesus Christ?
- Was there ever an area in your life as a Christian where you sensed Jesus’ call to follow Him? What happened? Is there an area in your life now where He is asking you to follow Him? Pray about this area with your small group.