Sunday Rewind | 9.16.2012
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
All Because of Jesus (Romans 8:10) – Burn For You by Steve Fee
Blessed Be Your Name (Job 1:21) – Blessed Be Your Name: The Songs of Matt Redman by Matt Redman
Lord of All (Psalm 97:5-6) – Attention by Kristian Stanfill
God, You Lifted Me Out (Psalm 30:1-2) – For The Honor by Elevation Worship
TEACHING: Runaway Bride – The Mystery of Christ & His Church
It is common today to separate Christ from his church – people want Jesus, but not church involvement. Yet, God has ordained that the church play a major role in His great work of redemption. Jason VanDorsten teaches from Ephesians 5, which presents the church as Jesus’ bride and conveys with great strength and promise the deep, abiding love God has for those who are His in Christ.
CLICK HERE FOR THE AUDIO AND VIDEO
- What comes to mind when you think of the word “church”? What have your experiences with church been like?
- What are the distinctions between the “little C” church and the “big C” Church? How are they different? How are they linked?
- Read Ephesians 5:21-33. What might this tell you about the nature of man? What does it tell you about Jesus Christ?
- What do these verses tell you about Jesus’ relationship with his people, the church?
- It what ways does the analogy of “church as bride” resonate with you? Where do you have trouble grasping the analogy?
- Does your interaction and involvement with the local church reflect the care, encouragement and protection due a bride? In what ways could you grow in loving the church as the bride of Christ?
- Spend some time praying for RBC and other local churches in our area and around the world.