As we continue our World System series, we look at the church and culture. While culture may in some ways reflect the glory of God, it also has the capacity to pull us away from Him to the extent that it is influenced by the world system. Yet, the church also has the capacity to greatly impact the culture. The question is… will we?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Ephesians 2:1-10. What do these verses tell you about the nature of man and the world system in which we live? What do they tell you about God?
- What are the distinctions between culture and the world system?
- How can culture impact the church?
- In what ways should the church impact culture?
- How do pride and humility play into the church's interaction with culture?
- "Our need for fulfillment is spiritual, not physical." How is this principal reflected (or not) in culture? How do you see it at work in your own life?