Neglected But Essential: Jude
The church must be secure in her stand for Christ, not with swords drawn in the highways and byways of political debates and social causes, but it must be steadfast in the battle for its very existence as “light” and “salt.”
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you most about the message from Jude 3?
- The struggles we face each day have a spiritual root (Ephesians 6:10-12). Tony Evans said, “Behind everything that is visible and physical is something invisible and spiritual.” Discuss that reality in your own life.
- Read Jude 1-4. Discuss what it means to “contend for the faith.”
- The message focused a great deal on the importance of truth. Colossians 2:8 speaks about the importance of guarding against “deceptive philosophies.” Discuss the challenge of human culture and philosophy creeping into the thinking of the people of God. Can you give some current examples?
- Read Matthew 6:19-24. Discuss what it means to store up treasures in heaven. What steps can you take to store up more treasure in heaven in your own journey?
- Read Romans 12:1-2. What does it means to renew your mind? What does that look like in practical terms in our daily walk with Christ?