True followers of the living God have always been called to believe Him and live by faith even in the midst of that which we do not understand.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you most in this message?
- What were your initial thoughts about the universality of the Habakkuk’s struggle with God?
- There are 3 times Habakkuk 2:4 is quoted in the New Testament. Read the following verses in their context and discuss the use of the phrase “the righteous shall live by faith.”
- “For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, ‘The righteous shall live by faith.'” Romans 1:17 ESV
- “Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for ‘The righteous shall live by faith.'” Galatians 3:11 ESV
- “…but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.” Hebrews 10:38 ESV
- Reading and discussing Romans 4 and Hebrews 11 are additional options.
- Has there been an experience in your life in which you have struggled with understanding how God is in control? How did that situation teach you to live by faith?
- Pray together in recommitting to live by faith in the midst of difficult life circumstances.