We believe the whole church, including children, should be involved in missions as outlined in the Bible (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8, Roman 10:13-14, Matthew 24:14).
Quest4Missions is a direct reflection of the commitment of Reston Bible Church to missions and missionaries. It is the goal of Q4M to foster this same passion in the hearts of our children at a very young age. One of the ways we do this is focusing on missions during Missions Sunday in the same way that the main service does.
Here are some ways you can get involved at home on Missions Sunday:
- f you don’t attend in person, watch the video of the QUEST service for Missions Sunday (live on facebook.com/rbcquest or posted later on restonbible.org/blog). RBC-supported missionaries will be speaking to the QUEST kids.
- Read through the RBC Missionary Booklet (you can get one at the Welcome Desk) and pick a missionary to pray for. Send them an email or note letting them know you are thinking of them.
- Use a globe or map to pick out different countries and pray for the work of the Gospel there.
- Research and learn about a missionary from history.
- Read Matthew 28:16-20 and discuss The Great Commission.
- Check out the QUEST library or order your own copies of some of the resources below!
Recommended Resources on Missions/Missionaries
- Window on the World by Molly Wall: This book is a guide for children to learn about different countries and cultures and focus their prayers on specific needs for those areas of the globe.
- Trailblazer Series by Dave and Neta Jackson (missionary stories)
- Heroes of the Faith Series (missionary stories)
Visit restonbible.org/QUEST4Missions to read more or to give to the QUEST mission project online