MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Nothing But the Blood (Ephesians 2:13) – Already Not Yet by Citizens and Saints
But God (Romans 5:8) – Look and See by Village Church feat. Aaron Bleecker
In Christ Alone (Galatians 2:20) – Let The Future Begin by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
Jesus Paid it All (Colossians 2:13-14) – Everything Glorious by Kristian Stanfill
TEACHING: Be the Church, Part 3
God gives us gifts then gives us as a gift to a local church body. No God-given gift is better or worse than another. Unity in the body is the result of corporate humility.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- How has the Lord used the church in your walk with Him?
- Read Ephesians 4:1-16 and 1 Corinthians 12:12-26. What do these verses tell us about God? What do they reveal about us?
- What does it mean to equip the saints for the work of ministry? How do you think you need to be equipped? In what ways can you equip others?
- What causes divisions among churches? What examples of division in the church have you seen?
- What examples of unity have you seen in the church? Is there an area of unity within the context of the church that you need to move toward?
- What gifts, abilities or talents do you think God has given you? Where could those fit in the church?
- What is the difference between unity and uniformity? Which does scripture call us to?
- How does the gospel compel us toward unity through diversity?
- Spend some time praying for the things you’ve discussed. Pray that the Lord would lead our church to a gospel-centric unity within our body and with other churches in our area.