MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
YOUR PROMISES (2 Peter 1:3-4a)
Brown, Brock, Furtick, Joye | Sony/ATV Tree Publishing
ONLY KING FOREVER (1 Timothy 1:17)
Brock, Brown, Furtick, Joye | Sony/ATV Tree Publishing
COME TO ME (Matthew 11:28)
Akers, Capps, Bleecker | Bleecker Publishing
O PRAISE THE NAME (Romans 5:8)
Hastings, Ussher, Sampson | Hillsong Music Publishing
TEACHING: Following Jesus to the End
Clear minds enable clear thinking.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Read and discuss 2 Peter chapter 3. What does this tell us about us? What do these verses tell us about God? What commands, encouragements or warnings are there for us to heed?
- What is “wholesome thinking” or “a pure mind” (v. 1)? Why is this important?
- What causes us to forget God? What sort of “interference” do you tend to deal with?
- What does it mean to be deliberately ignorant of something (v. 5)? What are the results of this? How can we avoid doing this ourselves?
- What present-day scoffers have you seen or encountered?
- Why do we so easily buy into things without checking them out? What examples can you think of?
- What does it mean to redeem something? How does this relate to the gospel? How does it relate to our daily life?
- As we look at the world stage today, what comfort is there in knowing that God is in control and He redeems? What patterns of though or action in your life do you need to reevaluate in light of this?
- In light of all this, knowing what will come to pass, what kind of people ought we be? How can we lean into the gospel and look forward to the coming kingdom of God?