Sunday Rewind | 6.12.16
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
I Will Look Up (Deuteronomy 7:9) –Only King Forever by Elevation Worship
With Us (Psalm 46:10-11a) – God Is Able by Hillsong Worship
Only King Forever (1 Timothy 1:17) – Only King Forever by Elevation Worship
O Praise The Name (Anástasis) (Romans 5:8) Open Heaven / River Wild by Hillsong Live
Always (Psalm 121:1-2) – Here For You by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
TEACHING: James – Living Out Our Faith, Part 18
The love of stuff is the seed of greed. Money always abandons us in the time of our greatest need.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Read and discuss James 5:1-6. What does this tell us about us? What do these verses tell us about God? What commands, encouragements or warnings are there for us to heed?
- Who are the “rich” whom James is addressing the verses above?
- “Money is not bad in and of itself – but it is dangerous.” What does this mean? What examples can you think of?
- “Treasures, because of time, become stuff.” How have you seen this principle to be true?
- How is hoarding a way of presuming upon the future?
- In what ways can we passively abuse the poor?
- What is a way you can “do for one what you wish you could do for everyone”?
- Consider Pastor Mike’s diagnostic questions: “Are you a hoarder? Do you love money? Has money ever gotten you in trouble? Do you have a giving plan? Do you think more about giving saving or spending?” How would you answer each of these?
- How did Jesus become poor that we might become rich (2 Corinthians 8:9)? How should we respond to this great truth? Spend some time in prayer over the things you’ve discussed.