Sunday Rewind | 5.29.16
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Mighty to Save (Zephaniah 3:17) – Yahweh by Hillsong Chapel
Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) (Psalm 27:1) – Let The Future Begin by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
How Deep The Father’s Love For Us (Galatians 6:14) – Love Displayed by Liberty Campus Band
Endless Light (Psalm 113:3-4) – Cornerstone by Hillsong Worship
TEACHING: Turning Point
God’s Word empowered by God’s Spirit is our spiritual guidance system, and it is 100% reliable. In the Spirit and power of Christ, consider your ways and turn your feet today.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Do you have a good travel story where you got lost?
- Read and discuss Psalm 119:59-60. What does this tell us about us? What do these verses tell us about God?
- Share a time when you were lost relationally, emotionally or spiritually. What happened? How did you relate to God during that time? What did you see Him do?
- Why did God give us His Word? In what way is it our spiritual guidance system?
- “True transformation comes through time with God in the presence of Christ.” What does this mean? What does it have to do with the Word? How have you seen this principle at work in your life?
- Who do you know struggling around you that you can help carry their burden to the cross of Christ?
- What is one area of your life where you need to “consider your ways and turn your feet today”? What would it look like to turn from your ways today and turn back to God’s ways in this particular area? Spend some time in prayer together about this.