Sunday Rewind | 5.15.2016
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Open Up the Heavens (Psalm 108:4-5) – Worth It All by Meredith Andrews
Alive in Us (Ephesians 2:4-5) – God is Able by Hillsong Worship
Be Lifted High (John 3:30) –Nothing is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Forever (Matthew 28:26) – Majestic by Kari Jobe
Good Good Father (2 Thessalonians 2:16) – Housefires II by Housefires
TEACHING: James – Living Out Our Faith, Part 15
The primary root of all our problems is not found in external circumstances or situations. It comes from within.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- When a newspaper posed the question, ‘What’s Wrong with the World?’ G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: ‘Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton.’ What do you think he meant by that?
- Read and discuss James 4:1-3. What does this tell us about us? Why do you think the language is so strong here? How would you answer the first question in verse 1?
- Read and discuss 1 Kings 21:1-16. How is this an example of good desires turning bad?
- What other examples of runaway desires can you think of from Scripture, culture or your own life?
- What desires in your life have cost you the most, or caused you the most problems?
- How does the gospel heal, reshape, redirect and redeem our unsanctified desires?
- What unsanctified desire are you currently dealing with that needs to be submitted to the Lord?
- Spend some time in prayer about the last question. Pray that God would give you (heal, reshape, redeem) the desires of your heart and align your heart with His.