MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Open Up the Heavens (Psalm 108:4-5) – Worth It All by Meredith Andrews
Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) (Psalm 27:1) – Let The Future Begin by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
Hosanna (Mark 11:9-10) – Savior King by Hillsong Worship
The Solid Rock (Psalm 18:2) – Original Arrangement
The Wonderful Cross (Romans 8:38-39) – The Worship Initiative, Vol. 5 by Shane and Shane
TEACHING: James – Living Out Our Faith, Part 10
You believe only what you act on. All the rest is just religious talk.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Would you say that you tend toward being a “faith” person or a “works” person?
- Read and discuss James 2:14-26. What does this tell us about us? What does it tell us about God? What encouragements, warnings or commands are here for us to heed? What tension do you see in these verses?
- How does the whole of Scripture help us interpret these verses? What are some misinterpretations of these verses?
- What is the role of faith and works in the life of a follower of Christ?
- What is the difference between justification and sanctification?
- How does the gospel of Jesus provide context for both faith and works?
- Where do you need to grow in living out your faith?
- Spend some time in prayer thanking God the salvation He freely offers through Jesus Christ. Pray that He would give you the grace to live a life consistent with the gospel.