MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Be Lifted High (John 3:30) –Nothing is Wasted by Elevation Worship
How Great Thou Art (Psalm 145:3) – Hymns Ancient & Modern by Charlie Hall (Passion)
Great Things (Worth It All) (Galatians 6:14) –Wake Up the Wonder by Elevation Worship
Cornerstone (Psalm 18:2) – Cornerstone by Hillsong Worship
God Is Able (Ephesians 3:20-21) – God is Able by Hillsong Worship
Even in the most difficult of times, God is doing wondrous works of redemption. “Our bad things turn out for good. Our good things can never be lost. And the best things are yet to come.”
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- What does it mean to “redeem” something? What does it mean that God is “a God of redemption”?
- Read and discuss Psalm 107. What does this tell us about redemption? How is redemption tied to the love of God?
- What examples of God’s redeeming hand do you see in Scripture?
- Tell your story – how did God redeem you to salvation? What are some difficult situations in your life He has redeemed after you put your faith in Christ?
- Discuss this quote by Jonathan Edwards: “Our bad things turn out for good. Our good things can never be lost. And the best things are yet to come.” How does this eternal perspective challenge or encourage you in this season of life?
- How does the gospel of Jesus show us the redemptive hand of God? What hope does the gospel give you when you walk through trials, suffering and difficulty?
- Spend some time in prayer thanking God for redeeming you in Jesus Christ. Pray for our church in a season of difficulty, that we would trust God’s redeeming hand in the process. Pray for situations in your life that you long to see redeemed by the Lord.