Sunday Rewind | 1.17.16
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Awesome Is The Lord Most High (Psalm 47:1-2) – See The Morning by Chris Tomlin
Alive in Us (Ephesians 2:4-5) – God is Able by Hillsong Live
Blessed Be Your Name (Job 1:21) – The Songs of Matt Redman (vol. 1) by Matt Redman
Give Me Faith (Psalm 73:25-26) – Nothing Is Wasted byElevation Worship
Lord I Need You (Hebrews 4:16) – All The People Said Amen by Matt Maher
Due to the sensitive nature of yesterday’s sermon, we are not posting Sunday’s sermon online.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What scriptures can you think of that deal with the topics of sin, confession, forgiveness, repentance and restoration? What warnings and/or admonishments does scripture provide on each of these topics?
- What are the distinctions between forgiveness, repentance and restoration?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 3:12-13. How is sin deceitful? What are some practical ways can you exhort or encourage each other in your small group?
- Share a time when you forgave someone. What happened? Why did you forgive them?
- Share a time when you received forgiveness. What happened? Why did they forgiven you?
- How does the gospel give us the power to repent of our own sin and forgive others of theirs? How does the gospel give us a lens through which to properly view sin, repentance and restoration?
- What dark area of your life needs to be brought out into the light?
- Is there someone in your life now to whom you need to extend forgiveness? Is there someone from whom you need to ask for forgiveness? Spend some time in prayer with your small group and ask them to hold you accountable for this.