During Sunday worship services, we want to spend less time making announcements and more time worshiping. To help facilitate that, we’ll show a brief video announcement segment 4-5 minutes before each service begins. Grab an early seat just before your service begins so you can take advantage of these pre-service announcements. We’ll also post them here on the Sunday Rewind each week.
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Be Lifted High (John 3:30) –Nothing is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Our King Has Come (Romans 5:1-2) – For The Honor by Elevation Worship
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (Luke 2:9-10) – North Point Christmas by Eddie Kirkland (North Point)
Be Thou My Vision (2 Corinthians 3:17-18) – Cathedral by Heartsong
TEACHING: Reconciliation – Crossing Thresholds
Racial reconciliation happens in the seats, not in the pulpit. You must walk with people who are different in order to love them.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss Acts 10. What do these verses tell us about us? What do they tell us about God? What encouragements, warnings or commands are here for us to heed?
- What examples of ethnic discrimination do you see in these verses? How is it resolved?
- How does our own hypocrisy keep us from crossing ethnic thresholds?
- What is the role of prayer in racial reconciliation?
- “You must walk with people who are different than you in order to understand and love them.” Have you found this to be true? What examples have you seen of this?
- How can you reach out to those who don’t like you, or whom you don’t like? What is one way you can you be intentional to cross racial/ethnic thresholds in your life?
- How does the gospel of Jesus Christ empower us to cross ethnic thresholds? How did Jesus walk with people who were different than Him? What must our response be to His example?
- Spend some time in prayer, thanking God that He walks with us in Christ. Ask Him to enable you with gospel-powered grace and wisdom to intentionally cross ethnic/racial thresholds in your spheres of influence.