Sunday Rewind | 11.1.2015
As we adjust to three Sunday worship services, we want to spend less time making announcements and more time worshiping. To help facilitate that, we’ll show a brief video announcement segment 4-5 minutes before each service begins. Grab an early seat just before your service begins so you can take advantage of these pre-service announcements. We’ll also post them here on the Sunday Rewind each week.
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Closer (Psalm 89:14-15) – Glorious Ruins by Hillsong Worship
Your Promises (2 Peter 1:3-4a) – Wake Up the Wonder by Elevation Worship
Glorious (Psalm 111:2-3) – Glorious by Paul Baloche
Great Things (Worth It All) (Galatians 6:14) –Wake Up the Wonder by Elevation Worship
Christ is Enough (2 Cor. 12:9) – Glorious Ruins by Hillsong Live
TEACHING: James – Living Out Our Faith, Part 6
No sin so blinds the human soul as favoritism. We are often not so much partial against others as we are for ourselves.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- What is one way in which you tend to struggle with partiality, favoritism or bias toward others? From others?
- Read and discuss James 2:1-4. What do these verses tell us about us? What do they tell us about God? What context does James 1 give to these statements? What warnings or commands are there for us to heed?
- “No sin so blinds the human soul as favoritism.”Have you observed this statement to be true? How?
- Why is it “second nature” for us to be partial in ways that strain, inhibit or damage relationships?
- How does the gospel help us see others as “imago Dei” – in the image of God? Why is this important?
- Spend some time confessing areas where you show partiality and ask God to reveal any hidden areas of favoritism in your life. Give Him thanks for His impartial mercy in the gospel of Jesus.