MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Open Up Our Eyes (Ephesians 1:18-19a) – Nothing is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Be Lifted High (John 3:30) –Nothing is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Great Things (Worth It All) (Isaiah 12:5) –Wake Up the Wonder by Elevation Worship
Unending Love (Romans 8:38-39) – God is Able by Hillsong Worship
Your Promises (2 Peter 1:3-4a) – Wake Up the Wonder by Elevation Worship
TEACHING: The Patriarchs, Part 3: Abraham
God always keeps His promises, and our obedience will give light to our next commission.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Take some time to read through and discuss Genesis 12, 13, and 15. What do you learn about God? What do you note about Abraham? What kind of man is he?
- In what ways do the ups & downs of Abraham’s life mirror our own lives as Christians?
- Where do we see Jesus foreshadowed in Abraham’s life?
- “Obedience always gives light to the next commission.” Have you found this to be true? Do you have an example where obedience yielded further revelation?
- Is there an area is situation in your life where you are struggling with obedience? What would it look like to step out in faithful obedience in this area?
- Have you ever doubted your salvation? Why or why not? How does the idea of biblical covenant address our doubts? How does the gospel of Jesus bring light to this?
- Spend some time in prayer giving thanks to God that He always keeps His promises. Ask Him to help you with any areas of unbelief you are struggling with, and ask Him for the grace to walk in glad obedience in those areas.