MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Exalted One (Psalm 121:1-2) – For The Honor by Elevation Worship
The Wonderful Cross (Galatians 6:14) – The Worship Initiative, Vol. 5 by Shane & Shane
Beautiful Lord (Ephesians 2:4-5) – Sound of Melodies by Leeland
Forever Reign (Lamentations 5:19) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong
Lord I Need You (Hebrews 4:16) – All The People Said Amen by Matt Maher
TEACHING: Bucket List
Don’t misunderstand the promises of Jesus. We bring Him a bucket while He has a waterfall waiting for us. We need to see Him as greater than our personal bucket lists.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- What are some specific promises Jesus makes in Scripture that you hold dear?
- Read and discuss John 4:4-42. What do you see about the nature of man? What do you note about the person of Jesus? What strikes you about this familiar story?
- What divisions and misunderstandings do you note between Jesus and the woman at the well? How does Jesus address those? How does the woman respond?
- What are some misunderstandings regarding Jesus that we deal with today?
- In what ways can we be “good at religion, but terrible at faith”?
- “We are too concerned with our citizenship on earth, and Jesus wants to point our eyes to our citizenship in heaven.” Have you seen this statement to be true? Why or why not? How does the gospel of Jesus point our eyes to our heavenly citizenship?
- How does the gospel show us that we are fully known and yet fully loved? How does grasping this truth affect our life? How might “the Gospel Rule” (do unto others as Jesus has done unto us) overflow and affect the lives of those around us?
- Spend some time in prayer thanking God that you are fully known and fully loved. Ask Him to help you set aside your “bucket” and quench your deepest thirst with the waterfall of His grace.