Sunday Rewind | 5.3.2015
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
How Great Thou Art (Psalm 145:3) – Hymns Ancient & Modern by Charlie Hall (Passion)
Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) (Psalm 27:1) – Let The Future Begin by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
God You Lifted Me Out (Psalm 30:1-2) – For The Honor by Elevation Worship
The Lord Our God (James 1:17) –Let The Future Begin by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
Be Thou My Vision (2 Corinthians 3:17-18) – Cathedral by Heartsong
With Us (Psalm 46:10-11a) – God Is Able by Hillsong
TEACHING: Grace Given, Grace Received – Part 2
Grace empowers talent to do what talent could never do alone.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- How is grace “the power to live the Christian life” and “an instructor”?
- Read and discuss 1 Peter 4:7-11 and Romans 12:1-8. What do you see about the nature of man? What do you note about the nature of God? What do these passages tell us about grace? About gifts?
- What is the difference between a talent and a gift?
- What gifts or talents do you have? (Evaluation questions: What tends to frustrate you? What are you passionate about? What do people around you say that you are good at?)
- Why does God give His people gifts? Do you feel you are using your gifts for His purposes? Why or why not?
- What are some specific ways you can use your gifts for the kingdom of God?
- Spend some time in prayer asking thanking God for the gifts He gives His people. Ask Him to empower your talents with His grace and use you to further His kingdom.