MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Your Love Never Fails (Romans 8:28) – Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture
In Your Presence (Deuteronomy 31:6) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Come Thou Fount (Psalm 16:11) – Original Arrangement
Unending Love (Romans 8:38-39) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Cornerstone (Psalm 18:2) – Cornerstone by Hillsong
TEACHING: Grace Given, Grace Received – Part 1
Grace is not just for salvation – we need it in every ongoing aspect of our lives. Grace is not opposed to effort; it is opposed to earning.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- What comes to mind when you think of the word “grace”? How would you define grace?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 2:1-9 and Romans 5:6-20. What do you see about the nature of man? What do you note about the nature of God? What do these passages tell us about grace?
- In what ways do we tend to “shelve” grace? What are the results?
- How does biblical grace address sin, pride and self-pity? Which of these three do you tend toward? Why?
- In what ways have you received grace? In what ways have you given grace?
- How can you “drink more deeply from the well of grace”?
- Is there a specific area or situation in your life where you need to give or receive grace? What would it look like in practical terms for you to do that? Spend some time praying about this.