Sunday Rewind | 4.19.2015
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Open Up The Heavens (Psalm 108:4-5) – Worth It All by Meredith Andrews
Alive In Us (Ephesians 2:4-5) – God Is Able by Hillsong
My Deliverer (Psalm 18:1-2) – Hello Love by Chris Tomlin
I Stand Amazed (2 Corinthians 8:9) – North Point Live by Candi Shelton (North Point)
Glorious (Psalm 111:2-3) – Glorious by Paul Baloche
TEACHING: Missions Sunday – From the Field
All followers of Jesus are significant in the work of missions. We must move from information and inspiration to personal involvement in Christ’s great work in missions.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO & VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- How would you describe “missions” to someone who doesn’t know? What comes to mind when you think of “missions” and “missionaries”?
- Do you have any experience with missions?
- Read and discuss Luke 10:1-24. What does this tell us about the topic of missions? What other scriptures can you think of that inform and inspire us to personal involvement in missions?
- Why is every single believer in Jesus significant in the work of missions?
- What are the dangers of missions? What hinders missions?
- Would you say that you have a “burden for the lost”? Why or why not? How can we develop this?
- How can we as the church discern between significant and insignificant issues as we consider the topic of missions?
- “God does not want to use all of us in the same way, but He does want to use all of us in some way.” How do you respond to this statement? What role do you think God is giving you in the important work of missions?
- Are you willing to make yourself available to the Lord for the work of missions? Why or why not? What are you willing to risk? Spend some time praying about this.