MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Endless Light (Psalm 113:3-4) – Cornerstone by Hillsong
Open Up The Heavens (Psalm 108:4-5) – Worth It All by Meredith Andrews
10,000 Reasons (Psalm 103:1) – Unrelenting Love by Nick Thurmond
Give Me Faith (Psalm 73:25-26) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Christ Is Enough (2 Corinthians 12:9) – Glorious Ruins by Hillsong
TEACHING: Who Are You? Part 2
What we consider to be true of Christ will determine how we go about following Him.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- What things do we tend to tie our identity to? Why?
- Read and discuss Mark 8:31-38. What do you think this tells you about us? What does it tell us about Jesus?
- What comes to mind for you when you hear the word Christian? How has this changed over the course and seasons of your life?
- Why does Peter rebuke Jesus (v.32)? What is significant about Jesus’ response?
- What is Jesus saying it means to be a Christian in these verses? Does what He says differ from what you believe it is to be Christian?
- What is significant about each of the three steps Jesus outlines in verse 34? Is Jesus asking us to do something He has not done? Why does this matter?
- Patrick Morley wrote: “There is a God we want, and there is a God who is. They are not the same God. And the turning point of our lives is when we stop seeking the God we want and start seeking the God who is.” Have you reached that turning point? Share where you are in that process.
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed.