MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Our God Is Love (1 John 4:9-10) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong
In Your Presence (Deuteronomy 31:6) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Lord I Need You (Hebrews 4:16) – All The People Said Amen by Matt Maher
The Lord Our God (James 1:17) – Let The Future Begin by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
Majesty (Isaiah 53:5) – Majesty: The Worship EP by Leeland
TEACHING: Why the Gospel is Never Given the Same Way Twice
There is a massive difference between knowing the facts of the gospel, and putting your faith in the gospel. The gospel is a Person, not a formula.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. What do these verses tell you about the gospel? What do they tell you about Jesus? What do they imply about us?
- Why is the gospel “good news”?
- When did you first hear the gospel? What happened? How did you respond?
- What people or events in the Old Testament can you think of that serve as a foreshadowing of Christ?
- “The gospel is a Person, not a formula.” What does this mean? What the practical implications of this statement as you live your everyday life?
- What is the difference between knowing the facts about the gospel, and putting your faith in the gospel? Why is this distinction important?
- What felt needs can you identify in this season of your life? How does the gospel address those needs? How do you need to apply the gospel to those areas?
- Spend some time in prayer thanking God for the gospel of grace in Jesus Christ. Ask Him to help you know Him more through the wonders of the gospel.