Ideas for Worshiping at Home
SUNDAY, FEB. 22, 6:25AM – BOTH SUNDAY SERVICES, CLASSES & MINISTRY ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELED FOR THIS MORNING due to hazardous road conditions. Please be safe and enjoy time worshiping the Lord at home this morning!
The Youth Missions Application meeting scheduled for this afternoon is also canceled.
Updated 11:55AM – AWANA and Financial Peace University are canceled for this evening.
Scripture is clear about the importance of being a part of the church – both the “big-C” Church (the universal body of believers for all time) and being involved in the localized expression of the Church, what we might call the “little-c” or local church. Scriptures like Acts 2:42, Hebrews 10:25, 1 John 4:12, Hebrews 10:24, Galatians 5:13, Romans 12:10, Romans 15:14 and 1 Corinthians 12 – among many others – show us the importance of the Christ-based community unique to church, where we can use the gifts God has given us to love, serve and instruct one another for His glory. Though we will not meet together this morning as we usually do, we encourage you to use the time at home this morning to do the same – to love, serve and instruct one another in the context of worshiping our great and glorious God.
Here are some quick ideas for at-home family worship this morning:
- Worship God in song: Put on some of your favorite worship songs and sing along. Our live worship album No Other Name offers some familiar voices to sing along with.
- Proclaim His excellencies: 1 Peter 2:9 tells us “you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” Tell about a time you recently saw God do something great.
- Honor the Word of God: The early church “devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer” (Acts 2:42). Peruse our sermon archives and pick out an old favorite to listen to or watch again, or catch up on a missed Sunday. Take some time to read some of your favorite Scriptures aloud and share why they are meaningful to you.
- Pray: Spend some time praying for each other, for others you know are in need and for our church.
- Give: To give tithes or offerings, you may do so securely online here.